A Handy Checklist For Home Removal
The day of moving home is normally the culmination of careful preparation and planning – certainly if a seamless transition to your new house is your objective. Contracting a specialist removals company to help manage your move is wise, as they would be able to offer the trained staff, vehicles, equipment and storage facilities that you might need.
If your timeline permits, preparations for moving must start at least six weeks prior to your moving date, especially if you are in a major city, and for removals Melbourne-focused, this is especially so.
Once the choice to move is made:
1. Create a brightly coloured file for all of your relocation papers, and keep it in a handy place for easy reference.
2. Obtain quotations from several professional removal companies, and make sure that theyre all quoting on the same items. Book the one that best suits your needs.
3. Check if your home insurance covers your goods in transit. If not, obtain insurance coverage for moving.
4. Sketch a floor plan of your new house (or use one provided by your real estate agent) and plan the placement of your furniture. You can give this to your removalist on moving day.
5. Sort through your possessions and dispose of what you no longer need. Copy your removalists inventory list to check items to be packed and those for sale, charity donation, or disposal.
6. Create a room-by-room packing plan, starting with the items you know you wouldn’t be requiring till well after youre in your new home.
7. For DIY packing, arrange for the delivery of packing containers like cartons, wooden crates, book boxes, wine cartons, bubble wrap and fill, tape, labels, and markers.
2 weeks before moving, you ought to:
8. Check the backyard, loft, garage, basement, shed and under the house for goods you may have overlooked – think: wheelbarrows, lawnmowers, ladders, heilooms, plants.
9. Dispose of any left over unwanted items – trash, donate or sell,
10. Give your freezer a little attention – start eating your way through its contents!
11. Responsibly dispose of garden chemicals, paints, fuel and other flammable goods according to provider instructions.
12. Gas cylinders are often unable to be transported by your removalist – check. If required, have a certified gas cylinder test station purge BBQ cylinders.
13. If necessary, book transportation for your pets or arrange for pet care at least two days before the move.
14. Arrange cancellation and reconnection of utilities – electricity, gas, phone
15. Start packing if you are doing it yourself. Label each box according to the room each goes into and keep a separate list of their contents
16. Inform family, friends and businesses of your new address and set up mail redirection through Australia Post. Begin a new contacts list for your new location.
17. Have your car serviced
18. Return library books and rented items
19. If its part of your agreement with your removalist, dismantle furniture and put all bolts and screws and other attachments in a small resalable bag and stick it to the base of the item or label and place in a box containing similar parts.
20. Pack a basic kit with toiletries, tea, coffee, milk and any other drinks, personal items, first aid kit, spare clothing, tea towels and dish cleaning devices.
21. Collect all house keys.
On moving day:
22. Lead your removalist around the house to show them what you want done, including items youll need when you arrive at the new house. These items would be packed last.
23. Keep pets and children out of the movers way, if possible in another location.
24. Place self transported items in your car and lock car doors.
25. Check all areas, cupboards, cabinets and storage areas to ensure nothing is left behind.
26. Check and sign inventory.
27. Switch off power to the house.
If you have special requirements or dates for removals Melbourne relocation specialists will be able to advise on the best course of action, particularly if your household is moving overseas.
Kent is Australia’s largest family owned international moving company. Kent provides a complete removal, storage and relocation service to individuals, families and business alike. For more information, about removalists Melbourne visit http://www.kentmoving.com NOW.
Google Search :: A Handy Checklist for Starting a Garden
Bing Search :: A Handy Checklist for Starting a Garden