5 Ways to Improve the Energy Efficiency of Your Home
It seems like every time we turn on the TV or open a newspaper we are being told about climate change and how it is up to us all to do our bit to help save the planet and reverse the effects of global warming. Coupled with this every time we open our gas and electricity bills they seem to be getting higher. Therefore many of us are deciding that it is time that we did our bit to make our homes more energy efficient and help to save the planet and lower our gas and electricity bills. There are many things which we can all do to improve the efficiency of our homes and below are some of our top tips.
· Install UPVC windows and UPVC doors, if you have older timber framed single glazed windows and doors they will be a weak spot in your home where heat will be lost. By installing UPVC windows and UPVC doors you will reduce the amount of heat lost considerably. As an added benefit UPVC windows and UPVC doors are also low maintenance and will not need to be painted every couple of years.
· Likewise conservatories are a weak spot in regards to heat loss. Again double glazed UPVC conservatories are more energy efficient than traditional wooden framed single glazed conservatories. By also adding internal doors between UPVC conservatories and the rest of the house allows you to shut the heat to the conservatory off when you are not using it.
· If you do not already have it then installing loft insulation is also highly recommended. Heat rises so it is only natural that the roof would be weak spot in the home. However by installing adequate loft insulation can reduce the amount of heat you lose through the roof space dramatically.
· Do you live in an older property? Then installing cavity wall insulation will reduce the amount of heat lost through the walls of your property considerably.
· Insulate your water tanks and pipes. By insulating your water tanks and pipes will keep your water hotter for longer as less heat is able to escape. A hot water jacket can be fitted to your water tank easily and will make a big difference.
If you are concerned about the energy efficiency of your home then now is the time to act. If nothing has been done to improve the efficiency of your home previously there are likely to be some simple changes you can make which will make a considerable difference.
For more information on UPVC Conservatories, UPVC Doors and UPVC Windows please visit our website or call into your local show room.
Google Search :: Ways to Improve Your Home
Bing Search :: Ways to Improve Your Home